jsalter
Level 2

When I run a backup to provide files to another CPA to upload to his tax software (not Lacerte), which data files from the backup need to be provided so that it can be uploaded to their software? I have a lot of clients I am sending, so the fewer files provided would be helpful.  There are mdx, dbf, and DAT files Thanks for any help you can provide. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm going to go out on a limb and hope I don't fall out of the tree, but I don't think you are going to have any luck taking a backup of one company's software and restoring it to another company's software.  There is a conversion process that is necessary that you are going to be missing in that backup/restore procedure.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would provide the standard Lacerte Backup. Highlight all the clients and use Ctrl + B to back them up. That should contain everything they will need to to a conversion. If we knew which software it was going to, that could help, as they likely have specifics needed. 

For example here is what ProSeries wants - Notice NO LOCKS, NO PASSWORDS

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/convert-data-files/help/lacerte-backup-instructions-for-data...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns