JZGilleo
Level 3

Hello, 

I am taking over our tax preparation for several entities from our prior external CPA firm. I provided the instructions, and they are certain that they followed them. However, all that I am provided is several ZIP folders that cannot be opened.

Help would be greatly appreciated. I called in to the support line, and the person with whom I spoke was not sure what to do. He said that I might have to have ProSystem installed on my computer.

I had the external CPA firm try to open these ZIP folders as well, and they were unable to.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You, or maybe the Prior CPA Firm could follow these instructions? https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/import-or-export-data-files/help/prosystem-fx-backup-instruc...

You are posting to a forum of other users, you may have to contact support for more help.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
JZGilleo
Level 3

Right, I used that article to give them instructions. And, unfortunately, support was not helpful when I called. I was hoping perhaps someone else had had this issue in the past.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

When you open the zip file, they should extract the files you need. Maybe @IntuitBettyJo can find someone that knows how to deal with this and reach out to you.

itonewbie
Level 15

If the ZIP file cannot be opened, it'd mean that the file was corrupted somehow, either during the compression, encryption, attachment, or transmission process.  Or it could be that the encryption key was simply not correct.

If the problem is, indeed, that you simply cannot open the ZIP file, that has nothing to do with the conversion process and the best thing to do is to have the prior accountant repackage the ZIP file and test it for integrity before sending the new file to you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

Why are they even using zip compression. Is the file so large they can't get it onto a large flash drive and hand that over or mail it to you? 

P.S. Once the conversion is done - Review the reuturn and correct items, especially state - Once you have "fixed" the return, look at screen 3 (1040 other similar screens in other modules) and look for a check mark at the first of the sections for Converted Client (proforma only) and remove that check mark. This will give you a far more accurate proforma to next year.

user8888
Level 1

Did you ever get an answer on how to get this to work? I am trying to do the same thing with a ProSystems FX conversion, but not getting it to work.

0 Cheers