breezeway
Level 1

i always renew my lacerte as a downloadable product and per https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/Sales%20Tax%20Topics%20-%20Computer%20Software.... i shouldnt have to pay sales tax for my download. why am i now being charged and why wasnt i notified of this change before renewing?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Were all just other users here.

You need to call in and speak with actual Support for account issues, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

It's a mistake they often make; try to 'fix' it by logging into 'my account' & using chat.  Otherwise, plan to sit on mold with Customer Support.

As Lisa said, we are just volunteers; fellow users of the software.  We have no power.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

Agree with my friends.  Contact Support to sort that out.

I'm based overseas and not subject to sales tax but they always have my firm associated with TX because that's where Intuit is.  Each year, I have to contact them to reverse it before I get charged.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Have you thought about trying to convince them you are located in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, or Oregon ?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Unfortunately, Intuit is one professional tax software developer that is not into international businesses.  While others have their systems set up to cater to foreign accounts, Intuit's is not and they have to override their system on the back-end manually by using their own address.  I have given up convincing them to update it after several years and spending literally hours on the phone with them just on this issue alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Ohio wants to know is it "canned" or "custom" whether it's taxable or not. All the updating couldn't it be argued that Lacerte is custom each season @IntuitAustin ? This sounds like an easy chart for Intuit to develop and provide for their loyal Community. "Are your Intuit products taxable in your state?" 

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
0 Cheers