Hello,

We are beginning to run organizers from Lacerte 2019, but the Client Letters are not formatting properly. We have tried many things (updated software, typing a new letter from scratch, copied the letter based on various versions of proforma'd letters, print to PDF, and more). We also called Lacerte Support and they could not help us. I wasn't the one who called, but apparently they just kind of threw their hands up, not knowing what to do. 

One additional strange thing, the Engagement Letters running out of the Organizer section are printing fine.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? I would greatly appreciate any help on this. We've hit a wall, but really need this to work.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or ideas.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

There are known issues. It is early in the process, I would wait until at least 2 more updates. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

sjrcpa
Level 15

Thank you for replying and the advice. I will kick that up to my boss and it seems like the right thing to do.

Thank you both again!

abctax55
Level 15

FWIW....  I just printed a test one, and it looks fine.

But I agree with George, & Susan - it is WAY too early to print organizers as there *will* be updates, and snafus to be fixed.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

@Travis Smith - Mark Smith CPA The same advise will apply to running the proforma for transferring clients to next year. I would wait until next year. I transferred my own to play with the 2020 program, but I will not do any others until they are ready to work on. 

Thank you again, everyone who chimed in and helped. It's especially comforting to see such a consensus. Takes away any potential ambiguity. Also, for the advice about "solving the thread." I didn't know that. 

Thank you all again. Have a really wonderful day!

abctax55
Level 15

YVW... the three of us who responded have been using Lacerte for eons.   We've learned, the hard way, that the 'hurry up & wait' approach is the best one.  

It is especially important for the proforma process as issues with that can impact the actually preparation (and accuracy) of the 2020 return.

I will transfer a few to play with, or to use for year-end planning.  I then transfer those again when I think the program is 'ready for prime time' - be sure to renumber the planning one so it doesn't get overwritten.

IF there are major issues with the program (stick around here, and you'll hear about them..) I will wait & proforma the clients one by one as needed.  It's not my preferred method, as I use the 'status' function to track work flow.

( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

Eons, huh? Are you saying we're old? 😃

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

😇Only when *our* tenure is combined with @George4Tacks ....... me/you - we bring the average down 😘

( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

Of course.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
No old. Seasoned!

abctax55