tbolton
Level 2
Of course can't get through on the telephone.

Part of the efile status acknowledge problem - return totally disapeared as if it wasn't efiled at all - back to only the extension.   What gives?   If it's not there - then will it show back up?
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

It will show up when they fix it. They broke that so that e-file would go through yesterday. Me thinks it might be in the next update, but what do I know. I am just another crumby user. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
tbolton
Level 2

To one crumby user to another ๐Ÿ™‚

Personally I am livid about the thousands of dollars Lacerte charges for this crap.   I can not figure out why all of us continue to pay these prices for this.  Every year I say going to pull the plug on them - but it's just too much effort.  Seems easier to retire..... LOL

I actually finally got through on the phone.  She told me to efile it again since the entire filing disappeared.  And what do you know - federal was accepted yesterday.  And again today - late.  

Now I envision the hours to clean up this mess.  Client was pissed.  But then I smacked her back.  Not like I didn't tell them this may happen if they continued to wait until the last minute.   For next year I decided let people paper file if they can't get their act together by the 14th.    

Be nice if we had a clear picture of what exactly this drama is about and how it happened.  

abctax55
Level 15

A return can NOT be accepted twice.. the IRS system only allows for one SSN acceptance per year.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
tbolton
Level 2

LOL love it!

Yes I know this - too sassy to say Duh?  

But this is no joke.   It happened.  I can only assume Lacerte restored the acceptance from yesterday when I efiled it again per lady on the phone.   It completely disappeared.  And showed up today after second filing with todayโ€™s date along with California.  

We pay too much money for the secretive behind the scene fiasco that happened - itโ€™s unacceptable.    I certainly for one would like to know what has transpired and have an exact computer trail of this.   Figured will have call and ask for it once the dust settles.

0 Cheers