pwsteen
Level 1

E-file error on New York City return. E-file exception occured. NYC payload request failed. Unable to find any applicable document set in ooEFXML.

Any ideas? Cannot get through to Lacerte. On hold all afternoon for 2.5 hours so far. They don't pick upanswer.

0 Cheers
mandy-grace
Level 2

I'm getting the same error too.

0 Cheers
colinsbray
Level 3

Does the applicable form show up on the return? I got this error recently when attempting to file a return for a NYC client when I had an extra e-file box checked, that did not actually apply to the client/the specific form did not actually populate in the return.

0 Cheers
mandy-grace
Level 2

Thank you! That helped! Somehow the system defaulted with the NYC-1127. Once I unchecked that, it went through just fine.

colinsbray
Level 3

Oh good! Sounds like the exact same situation I encountered. We're clear on the opposite coast, so it was not an everyday nor obvious issue 😎

0 Cheers
colinsbray
Level 3

And why the error message can't just say, "You checked a box to file a return that doesn't exist," I have no clue!

0 Cheers
mandy-grace
Level 2

I hear ya! I had to google what form was. I don't know it would default. Specifically, because it wasn't checked last year. 

0 Cheers