DHWCPATX
Level 2

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
sjrcpa
Level 15

You might want to post your solution to help the next person who has  this issue.

Ex-AllStar
DHWCPATX
Level 2

Actually  the "solution" didn't work either so I am waiting to hear from Lacerte.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Which type of tax(es) would this be?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Nonresident shareholder withholding

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

You're wanting to enter it on the 1120S?

MT goes in Screen 49.382
OK goes in Screen 47.041 (royalty withholding)

On the 1040, in Screen 20.2, under Credits and Withholding, Credit for State Withholding paid before 12/31/19 (or after, if you believe that to be the case), at the very bottom of that subsection.

My non-residents file composite entity returns for MT, but on a dummy return, the presentation looks good with that input (it shows up as K-1 withholding on Page 11). I've personally filed OK returns with that data entry and had no issues.

qbteachmt
Level 15

Non-resident shareholding withholding would be part of Payroll, though. Is that the question?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
DHWCPATX
Level 2

I was trying to enter it on the individual state return from the S Corporation K-1. I finally found it the passthrough K-1 entry on screen 20.2, line 13. I was just overlooking it. Thanks for all the replies.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

No. It is not part of payroll. It is withholding on the S corp shareholder's share of the S corp's income.

Ex-AllStar