colinsbray
Level 3

*EDIT* It's now a known issue, engineers are on it, & they said try again in an hour or so. There is an investigation on it now & if it becomes even more widespread, they'll put out an alert to all users & update us when it's repaired.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/unexpected-behavior-esig...

Is anyone else having troubles with e-signature? Not on every machine, but the main one we need to send e-signature requests from has not been working since yesterday morning. It crashes the program when attempting to generate the request, and then when you re start, it never populates the PDFs, client info, remaining balance, etc. I've run the PDF repair tool 5x to no avail.

Sending these requests is obviously urgent at this point in time. When I called tech support yesterday, I was given a 6 minute estimated wait time, and had to hang up at the 2 hour mark. This morning it was estimated to be 30 minutes, and so far it's been 45. I really have much better things to be doing than stuck attached to the phone today...

Any tips or tricks? Thanks!

Shari1334
Level 2

Same issue here.  

kwinike
Level 2

I have had so many problems with this since purchasing just 3 weeks ago.  I am seriously considering cancelling it.  I don't understand why Lacerte would implement something -so important as this- before all the bugs are fixed.  What a nightmare.  I have a list of issues and problems stemming from this feature. And holding for hours on support is not conducive for the last 2 days of 2019 tax season.

MJNJEA
Level 2

Down for me too!

jbovard
Level 2

eSignature is down for us too.  However, we have been using it all year, and it has been great.  Our staff love it.   I hope they get it fixed soon - I am suspecting that it is a DocuSign problem, not a Lacerte problem.  Tech Support is working on it now.

Tambren
Level 3

YES!!!! It's not working for me either! 

jbovard
Level 2

Just got off with Tech support.  They are watching closely, but their Lacerte server for eSignature is up and working.  He said there are a few reports around the country of eSignature not working.  At moment they believe it is something with either an ISP or service provider in between our office and Lacerte.  He did give us an link to article that has things to check to eliminate our firewall or our server somehow blocking it.  He said to have our IT guy confirm that all of the required ports and ip addresses are white listed to make sure something is not blocking the communication on our end.

Here it is:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/data-security/help/firewall-and-anti-virus-software-configur...

Other than that, he said they cannot help because the system is up and running.  We will probably switch back to the old PDF method of sending the 8879's via email until this is resolved, and  have our IT guy check things out for us.  Hopefully, it will just clear up soon.

Tambren
Level 3

Thanks jbovard.  Seems weird that it would suddenly be a firewall issue when it has been working ok up to now. 

Amajane285
Level 3

It's down for us - we just got off the phone and were told they don't have a solution but at least 3 other reports were created while we were on the phone.  we were promised a call back with more information when they had a solution or fixed the problem.

colinsbray
Level 3

I just finally got off the phone with tech support. I've had PDF driver issues before, so we thoroughly investigated that. After a while, we tried on the other machine that was working yesterday, only to have the same issue.The error log showed 502-504 bad gateway errors.

While resetting our modem, the tech discovered that many more calls were coming in for the same error. So it's now a known issue, engineers are on it, & they said try again in an hour or so. There is an investigation on it now & if it becomes even more widespread, they'll put out an alert to all users & update us when it's repaired.

At least they're taking it seriously & working to get it fixed!

Amajane285
Level 3

Back in March we were repairing PDF drivers over night and once during lunch...  We probably have the same issue.  We are also getting the 502-504 gateway errors today.  On all 16 of our workstations that use eSignature.

0 Cheers
jbovard
Level 2

Yep, same errors here - 502 and 504.   What happened back in March to fix it?  Did you just have to wait for it to fix itself?

0 Cheers
jbovard
Level 2

You are right.  I don't think it is us.   One more piece of info - the Tech support guy said that the software contacts a Lacerte server first for e-signature, then Lacerte sends to DocuSign.  So, he said it is not a problem with DocuSign, it is a problem between us and the Lacerte server.  Will post more when I know it.

0 Cheers