ljhyer
Level 2
This widget could not be displayed.

I have loss carryforward from prior years that I need to show on form 8285, lines 3b & 3c.  This is coming from a partnership K1 that no longer exists, only the loss carryforwards remain.  HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

If the partnership terminated or was sold, most, most likely those losses should have been used in the termination year,

ex-AllStar
ljhyer
Level 2

No the loss was not used.  Still working with Lacerte to figure it out, been through 3 different support people so far......  Very frustrating!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

"...No the loss was not used. "

You are missing Susan's point that if the partnership was final in the prior year, the losses *should* have been used then.

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
ljhyer
Level 2

I wasn't clear, the partnership interest sold at a loss

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Sold in the prior year?  Then THAT year is when the suspended losses should have been taken.

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches