steven
Level 5

We are more and more using exported data from Lacerte to do mailings. 

We have an number (~10) now single clients for which when we export their data we still get data for the partner (Spouse?) , yet the General => Client Information display's no content.

This is embarrassing at best, but has drawn some criticism from some of our clients who prefer we do not contact their X's (understandable).

These mailings are more of a technical exercise and it's not really possible to remember every exception.

FWIW, we are in the process of coding EVERY client who should NOT receive and email with codes in the email field to sort out and group the exceptions (1 surface mail, 2 spouses with no emails, 3 dependents whose caregiver already get correspondence, 4 deceased, 5 we know it's wrong and need to fix it).

This process does not let us fix the items we can not see.

I am willing to attempt to edit the data if it's feasible, but would rather see a real fix for this.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Change filing status back to MFJ or MFS and the fields should show up. Delete them, then change back to SGL or HH.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

steven
Level 5

@George4TacksThis was exactly what the doctor ordered!  Thanks

George4Tacks
Level 15
Sometimes you might be an error message about a dependent that ain't there. In that case add a dependent and then delete one. Amazing what one can learn by using this software for 40 years.
I am glad it worked out for you.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
steven
Level 5

I actually made all the changes before I posted, in case I had any issues.  Did not have this issue, but good to know.

FWIW to the rest of the world, as noted above we are coding every email value that has a name so we can minimize issues with our mailings.  MFS (married filing single) has the section for spouse open, but the contact info closed.  This trick let us populate the spouse emails value with a "Do not send" code.  Again, the issue of a name with no email is a problem for specifically mail merges.