When opening the Lacerte program error message "Insufficient user rights to data path [Drive:][Path] is displayed and the Lacerte Program will not open. How can the data path be changed so the program will open.
- Temporary disconnect the Drive listed in the error message.
- Open the Lacerte program
- When prompted to create the directory path click Cancel.
- The program will then give you the option of picking a different path.
- Enter C:LacerteXXTaxTax Type.
- Where XXTax equals the tax year 14Tax, 15Tax, 16Tax...
- Where Tax Type equals the data folder for tax type. IDATA, PDATA, CDATA...
- If the folder does not exist on the C: Drive then program will ask to create the folder.
- The program should now open.
- Reconnect the Network Drive at this time.
- In the Lacerte Program Settings / Options change the Data Path back to the correct path.
Another cause for this error message Windows Sync Center with Lacerte and Proseries.