KRB
Level 2

Client was having balance due direct debited from bank account. Return has been efiled and accepted by IRS. However bank account is incorrect. Can IRS be notified of correct number after return efiled. I considered paying online with new account but am concerned that IRS may take double payment.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

You can try.... but there aren't too many IRS folks answering the phones.

You *might* have better luck with the practioner hotline; but even that line is difficult to get thru on.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can inquire about or cancel an IRS Electronic Funds Withdrawal using the phone number found in the last paragraph here....if I remember correctly, its all automated, you dont have to wait for a human.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/pay-taxes-by-electronic-funds-withdrawal

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

Even one schedule via the software/efile?   That's good news if so.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, Electronic Funds Withdrawal through the software.  Both balance due and estimated payments.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
User FIDO 61
Level 8

FYI Lacerte prints the Treasury phone number on the Letter
To cancel the payment, call the U.S. Treasury Financial Agent at 1-888-353-4537 no later than 2 business days prior to the payment (settlement) date. 

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
abctax55
Level 15

Ha !.... who knew?!?  Since I never set any of my clients up for those direct payments ( I don't want the responsibility) I did not know that.  Guess this old dog CAN learn something new.  Thanks.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers