Settlage
Level 3

Client cover letter indicates that Ohio SD-100 School District tax would be efiled. But efile confirmation letter makes no reference to it having been filed. Do I need to somehow e-file it separately from the Ohio tax return?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Highlight the client and press F4 > e-file status. See if the SD-100 is listed there.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Settlage
Level 3

It is not.  Only IRS and OH.  My concern is that the initial client letter contained this language:

Your 2019 Ohio Individual Income Tax Return will be electronically filed with the State of Ohio. No tax
is payable with the filing of this return. The refund of $106 will be directly deposited into your bank
account.
Your 2019 New Knoxville School District Income Tax Return (Form SD-100) will be electronically filed with the State of Ohio. There is a balance due of $527.
Mail your Ohio Form SD-40P on or before July 15, 2020 and make the check payable to "School District Income Tax", write the tax year and the last four digits of your social security number on the check and mail: (and gave the address).

I e-filed, but the acceptance letter only included the usual Federal and State acceptance confirmation. There was no mention of SD-100, and there doesn't appear to be any additional form information in the filing history.  Nor do I have an option to efile anything else. I was having the client mail a check to them anyway; I guess I should just have her mail a paper form to be sure. It's a small town; they'll figure it out!

0 Cheers
roz2
Level 4

I tried to file the Fed and State of Ohio return and the SD-100.  When I was on the e-file screen, there wasn't a mention of the SD 100.  I called Lacerte and the expert told me to file it anyway, it would probably go.  No it did not.  The client has a refund of $844.00.  The confirmation letter does not mention the SD-100 at all.  Ohio is a piggyback state, so I will have to mail the fed and the Ohio and the SD-100, and I am sure that will take forever to process, since everyone is working from home.  No one goes and gets the mail. I want Lacerte to fix the problem and send the SD-100 electronically, however they can manage to do it.  The filing instructions all mention the SD-100 and the refund.  What next?

0 Cheers