Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new to Lacerte and amending 2018 because of exceeding the $10,000 SALT limitation. My client owned 4 residences during 2018 (not held for investment, just personal residences). Within the Itemized Deductions screen I originally entered, as instructed, the real estate tax paid on his principal residence in the Real Estate Tax section in the box labeled "Principal residence [A] (Cntrl + E)". Since there was no line for real estate taxes on other residences I originally placed them under the Other Taxes section. I now realize that this was a mistake because the program correctly does not assume that taxes in this section are subject to the SALT limitation, and hence deducted in full the taxes I entered for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th residences.  Now that I am amending, where do I enter the real estate taxes for other than the principal residence? Is the label for this box a misnomer? Do I enter the real estate taxes for all 4 residences in this box and ignore Lacerte's labeling of it as if reserved for only the "principal" residence?

0 Cheers