webcpa
Level 3

Just discovered there is a problem with Lacerte HQ granting access login privileges to users after their session times out.  Apparently this occurrence just happened today.  While one of our staff members had the problem and was in discussion with support, he was told the problem just started to show up on other support staff call ins.  Lacerte is aware of problem and working to fix.  We were told to inform other staff members who logged today not to let their session time out, otherwise they are up the proverbial creek without the paddle.  Wonder if we will get a partial software fee refund for the downtime our office is suffering through with inoperable software???

hschweit
Level 3

In our office, it is preventing anyone from logging in...not just potential timeouts. I was not inactive long enough for it to timeout and was kicked out too.

0 Cheers
webcpa
Level 3

I am in and can work, but I have been logged in since 7:00am EST,  and have not let the system time out

0 Cheers

This happened last year too.  Lacerte is getting worse and worse.  Not to mention still can't file NJ CBT returns meanwhile other software providers already have their forms approved by NJ and can file.  This might be the last straw for me.

0 Cheers
ZACHOCALL
Level 2

A partial refund from Intuit...Hilarious...I dont think so

0 Cheers
webcpa
Level 3

Login access restored to our office, partial refund cancelled.

0 Cheers
jmedows
Level 1

I'm having the same issue.  Were you able to resolve?

On a couple of computers we got kicked out once we switched tax return type.   Earlier in the day we got the username/password message but it failed. Now, we get an error message opening where username/password should pop up.  

0 Cheers