ironmom
Level 3

There are crazy things happening in my 2018 files.  Is anyone else having problems?  For instance,

Oregon has disappeared in one client and I'm getting diagnostic errors regarding a dependent in another.

They were both previously filed in 2019 and acknowledged by IRS and Oregon.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Someone posted earlier that they lost all of their preparer information from their 2018 program so I think it might be time to call the Exorcist --------------------------- or the Ghost Busters ------------------- whichever one will work cheaper I guess.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15
Were these "goofy" returns locked? How is it that you could tell these things happened, were you going back to prior year to check for something specifically? Hopefully you have been carefully doing backups on a regular basis.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
ironmom
Level 3

Yes, they were locked.  For the Oregon disappearance I was working on their 2019 return and noticed that their 2018 Oregon tax liability hadn't transferred.  Particularly important because we have a kicker refund this year based on '18  Oregon tax liability.  I decided to check the '18 return and sure enough Fed shows but no Oregon.  The info for Oregon still shows in client info though. (yes I back up).  This made me nervous so I randomly selected another 2018 client and there are critical diagnostics regarding the dependent. It says the ss # doesn't match the corresponding entry in the screen and the relationship is invalid!  I called Lacerte and the rep said I would need to call the IRS regarding the first issue.  ???

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
An alternate method is to highlight the client and use Ctrl + L to send the file to Lacerte with a detailed description of the problem. That way it goes straight to the programmers and they can hopefully get a hint as to what is happening. Do this for every file that you find an anomaly. Also be sure you have the latest updates (I think 40.0207)
Sounds scary.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

ironmom
Level 3

Thanks, I will do that.  I am kind of OCD with updates so I know I am always current.  I check a couple times a day to see if there are any since it seems we have so many of them.  

0 Cheers
ironmom
Level 3

It would have to be Ghostbusters- the Exorcist gave me horrific nightmares!

IRonMaN
Level 15

👍

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers