Intuit Help
Intuit

Help Articles

Get answers to frequently asked questions about Form 8904, Credit for Oil and Gas Production From Marginal Wells, in Lacerte.

In this article (select to jump to):

Where does the Marginal Well Production Credit flow on my client's return?

Lacerte will carry the credit from Form 8904 to Form 3800, General Business Credits, where the allowable amount of credit for the current year may be limited. If any or all of the credit isn't allowed this year, you can verify on the General Info form that the credit will carryover to next year's return.

Where do I enter line 1 for qualified natural gas production (thousands of cubic feet)?

To enter line 1 for qualified natural gas production (thousands of cubic feet):

1. Go to Screen 34, General Business & Vehicle Credits.
  2. Scroll down to the Credit for Oil and Gas Production from Marginal Wells (8904) section.
  3. Enter the Qualified natural gas production (thousands of cubic feet) field.

Where do I enter line 7 credit for oil and gas production from marginal wells from partnerships and S corporations?

To enter the credit for oil and gas production from marginal wells from partnerships and S corporations

1. Go to Screen 34, General Business & Vehicle Credits.
  2. Scroll down to the Credit for Oil and Gas Production from Marginal Wells (8904) section.
  3. Enter the Credit amount per thousands of cubic feet (defaults to 0.67) [O] field.