Work efficiently, collaborate with staff, and deliver exceptional client experiences with Intuit Practice Management powered by Karbon.
This new offering is available for Lacerte Tax or ProConnect Tax.
Before you start:
It's very important to make sure you have a clean client list in your tax software before you start integration with Intuit Practice Management. These instructions will help you clean up your client list to ensure your integration is successful:
If you have duplicate clients in your ProConnect Tax those clients will be duplicated when you integrate with Intuit Practice Management. We recommend using the merge duplicate client utility to remove any unwanted duplicates.
If you have clients on your client list that you no longer prepare tax returns for it is recommended to mark these clients inactive in ProConnect Tax. This will hide them from your client list and streamline your integration to Intuit Practice Management.
To mark a client as inactive:
- On the left side of the screen choose Clients.
- Find the client you need to make inactive and click on their name.
- In the upper right corner click on the down arrow next to Edit Client.
- Choose Make inactive.
If you have clients on your client list that you no longer prepare tax returns for and used Intuit Link for it is recommended to mark these clients inactive in Intuit Link. This will hide them from your client list and streamline your integration to Intuit Practice Management.
To mark a client inactive in Intuit Link:
- Sign in to Intuit Link.
- Click on the gear in the upper right corner.
- Choose Manage Clients.
- Locate the you wish to make inactive.
- Check the Mark as Inactive action.
If there are any clients that you do not want to show in Intuit Practice Management you would want to remove those clients from your Lacerte client list. It is recommended that before you delete a client you make a backup. See Backing up client files in Lacerte for details.
To delete a client you no longer need in Lacerte:
- Highlight the client on the Client List.
- From the Client menu choose Delete.
Review your client for missing information:
In order to sync with Intuit Practice Management each client needs to have:
- Individual Clients: First Name, Last Name, Social Security Number.
- Business Clients: Business Name, Employer Identification Number.
Ensure your tax software is up to date:
From the Tools menu choose Lacerte Updates.