Part 1: Installing ProSeries on the Admin computer:
- Sign in to My Account.
- From the Dashboard click Download 20YY.
- Run the CoreInstallerTYYY.exe file.
- Click Next to begin the installation.
- Choose I accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- Choose Network and click Next.
- If this is your first year installing as a network you will need to click Yes to confirm you have purchased a network license and click Next to continue.
- Check the Yes box to confirm this computer will be the ProSeries Admin computer and click Next.
- Confirm the computer name and click Next.
- For a peer-to-peer network, the admin computer acts as both the primary workstation as well as the file share for the network. Both the displayed folders should be on the local C: Click Next to confirm the folder choices.
The recommended default paths are:
- Local Install Folder: C:ProWinYY
- Network Install Folder C:ProSeriesProNetYY
- Select the products you plan to use for the tax year and click Next.
- ALT + C will clear all choices.
- ALT + S will check all choices.
- If you get a pop-up message about ProSeries Availability review the list of return types that are not currently available and click OK. These will be installed through regular ProSeries updates once they are released.
- Review the ProSeries is Installed screen and click Finish to launch ProSeries.
- On the ProSeries Connected Customer screen enter your Customer Account Number and Sold To Zip code, if prompted to begin licensing. Click Next when finished.
- Click Next to confirm your firm information.
- Click Continue to confirm your product licenses.
- ProSeries will begin updating in the background and open to the Sign-in screen.
- Enter your User ID and Password and click Sign In.
- Complete the ProSeries Practice Setup to enter or confirm your Firm & Preparer info as well as shared program settings. Click Finish when done.
- If this is your first year using ProSeries as a network installation it is recommended to print the Workstation Install Instructions before continuing. Click OK when done.
- ProSeries is now setup. Once the Updates are complete click Install Now to finish the update process.
Part 2: Setting up the network share
Part 2 only needs to be completed if this is your first year using ProSeries as a network, or if you have recently replaced your admin computer.
- Go to the Admin computer.
- Open the Windows File Explorer and open the C:
- Right-click on the ProSeries folder and choose to Give access to, then Specific people.
- Add all users and set the Permission Level to Read/Write level.
- Go to the first workstation computer.
- Open the Windows File Explorer and open This PC.
- From the Computer menu choose Map network drive.
- We recommend setting Drive to P: for ProSeries.
- On the Folder line click Browse.
- Choose the computer name referenced on the Workstation Install Instructions printed in Part 1 and choose the ProSeries folder.
- Click OK then Finish.
- Repeat steps 6-11 for each additional workstation.
Part 3: Installing ProSeries to the workstation computers.
- While on a workstation computer open the Windows File Explorer and open your mapped network drive.
- Open the ProNetYY folder.
- Open the WKSTN folder.
- Double-click the Setup.exe file and click Next to begin the installation.
- Confirm the name of the workstation and click Next.
- C:ProWinYY click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
- Repeat this section for each additional workstation you need to setup.