Form 1095-A is used to report certain information to the IRS about family members who enroll in a qualified health plan through the marketplace. Form 1095-A also is furnished to individuals to allow them to
- Claim the Premium Tax Credit, Form 8962.
- Reconcile the credit on their returns with advance payments of the premium tax credit (advance credit payments).
- File an accurate tax return.
Follow these steps
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- Select Credits from the left menu.
- Select Premium Tax Credit (1095-A, 8962) > then Form 1095-A - Health Insurance Marketplace Statement.
- Complete the Recipient Information (Part I) section (from Form 1095-A); this won't flow to a form or schedule—it's for informational purposes.
- Select the box Spouse is recipient (if applicable).
- Enter the (1) Marketplace identifier.
- Enter the (2) Marketplace assigned policy number.
- Scroll to the Covered Individuals (Part II) subsection.
- Enter and complete the applicable information for each covered individual.
- Enter the Coverage Start Date.
- Enter the Coverage Termination Date (if applicable).
- Scroll to the Coverage Information (Part III) subsection.
- Complete Monthly Enrollment Premiums, Monthly Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan (SLCSP) Premiums, and/or Monthly Advance Payment of Premium Tax Credit based on the information from Form 1095-A.
- Select the + from the top to create a new tab and add an additional Form 1095-A (if the taxpayer received multiple 1095-A forms).