How do I import scanned source documents with ProSeries Tax Import?
ProSeries Tax Import reads clients? scanned source documents and imports the relevant tax data into ProSeries. You first scan the taxpayer's source documents, for best results scan documents at 300DPI in Black and White. Once scanned, you can use ProSeries Tax Import to send the source document file to Intuit for processing, then review the data and import the data into the client's return.
Note: This feature is not available in the ProSeries Basic program.
To submit a client's source document for processing:
- Highlight the client you will submit source documents for on your ProSeries 1040 HomeBase.
- Go to Import -> Tax Import -> Import Client Data from Scanned PDF.
Note: You can also right-click the client and choose Submit Scanned Documents.
- If you are not logged in to Connected Services, you will receive a login prompt to do so.
- Browse to the location of the scanned source documents (or Browse from DMS).
- Highlight the source file and click Open.
- Click Send to submit the source document file for processing.
- A confirmation window will report Your Submission For this Client was Started in the Background.
- ProSeries will periodically check the status of your submission and update the Scan Source Documents column in the HomeBase view.
- You can continue working in the ProSeries Program as normal while the submission is processed.
- Your client's submitted source documents may take between 15- 30 minutes but may also take up to 12 hours to process depending on volume. When complete, your status will update to Ready to Import.
- To import the data into the client's return, open the return and the Pre-Import tool will be displayed.