- Launch the Lacerte or ProSeries tax program
- Under the Import menu, select Client Data Conversion and click on Submit Client Data for Conversion.
- Enter your Username and Password and then click Login.
- Click Next on the "Intuit Tax Data Conversion Wizard" screen.
- On the Select software you are converting from field, click the drop-down arrow and select the software you are submitting client data files for conversion.
- The Select the Intuit Software to convert to field will default to Lacerte or ProSeries depending on the tax program you are converting to.
- The Select the Tax Year to convert from field will default to Tax Year "2017" for Lacerte or ProSeries.
- In the Select the Tax Year to convert to field:
- Convert using Lacerte. Select which tax year of Lacerte you would like the files returned in, 2018 or 2017. If you will prepare Organizers, select tax year 2017..
- Convert using ProSeries. The tax year will default to 2017. If you would like to prepare Organizers, reference How to Transfer Tax Data Conversion into Organizer for 1040 for more information.
- A list of all the client files will appear with each box checked. If there are any client files that you know you will not need to have converted, then deselect the file(s) and then click Submit.
- The Confirmation screen will appear stating the estimated time for the conversion to be completed. An email will be sent to the email address that appears when the conversion is complete.
- Click Done to close the Tax Data Conversion Wizard screen.
About the Tax Data Conversion Wizard
SOLVED•by Intuit•Updated 3 weeks ago
DescriptionHow can client data files be submitted for data migration from a previous tax vendor to the Lacerte or ProSeries Tax program?Solution DescriptionThe Tax Data Conversion Wizard is an application that is designed to securely, quickly, and easily upload and download client data files for data migration to the Lacerte or ProSeries tax program.Before proceeding with the steps below, the most recent version of the Lacerte or ProSeries tax program will need to be installed before uploading your client data file(s) for conversion. Additionally, the client data files from the software vendor you are transferring from will need to be backed up. For back up instructions specific to your software vendor, reference the section Ready to submit your data? on the Lacerte or ProSeries Data Conversion webpage, then click the View link to view vendor instructions.
Was this helpful?
You must sign in to vote, reply, or post