Before you start:
- When you transfer or proforma your clients, you start in the prior year program. An update will typically become available around October which enables the Proforma Wizard.
- Open the previous year version of Lacerte. For example, if you are transferring to 2021, open 2020.
- From the Tools menu, choose Lacerte Updates.
- Statements and worksheets entered on Screen 47 of the Individual module will proforma.
- For instructions on transferring your program settings to the current year of Lacerte see What program options transfer from the prior year software?
Transferring all your client data to the current tax year using the Proforma Wizard
- Open Lacerte 2020.
- From the Tools menu choose Transfer Clients (Proforma to 2021).
- When the Proforma Wizard starts, select Next.
- Choose Transfer all my clients for all my modules at once and click Next.
- Lacerte will show you a Module Initialize screen while it preparers the data.
- Select Typical (Recommended) if you use the Lacerte default locations and click Next.
- Review your setting and click Transfer Now.
- If a Diagnostics Results window appears it means the client may have a critical diagnostic, such as the taxpayer is deceased. We recommend printing this for later review.
- Click Finish.
- Open Lacerte 2021 and the transfer will be automatically completed. If Lacerte was already opened, from the Client menu, choose Refresh.