FAQ's for the Lacerte Trial Balance Utility
The Lacerte Trial Balance Utility is a tool within Lacerte Tax designed to maximize productivity for accountant's year-end tax customers. It includes integration with most accounting software through Excel, and imports directly from QuickBooks and EasyACCT. Use the utility to make adjusting journal entries, to print trial balance reports and financial statements, and to utilize SmartMap on all imported files,
How is the Lacerte Trial Balance Utility different from SmartMap?
SmartMap is a feature within the Trial Balance Utility that removes most of the setup work required to assign tax pages and lines to trial balance accounts originating from QuickBooks and EasyACCT. This feature is available free of charge.
The expanded functionality within the Lacerte Trial Balance Utility allows you to:
- Integrate with any accounting software that can export to Excel,
- Set up your own chart of accounts from scratch,
- Make book and tax adjusting journal entries,
- Apply the SmartMap technology to all your files,
- Generate a basic balance sheet or income statement,
- Export to Excel,
And much more.
What is SmartMap?
SmartMap is a tool that uses patent-pending innovation to remove much of the time-consuming setup involved in assigning tax pages and lines to trial balance accounts.
- The SmartMap database auto-assigns tax pages and lines so most of the setup work is done automatically.
- SmartMap thinks for you by presenting the Lacerte input screens in order to drag and drop accounts.
- The SmartMap database works across the entire tax module so any assignments you make are saved and applied to all other clients.
Does the Lacerte Trial Balance Utility work for all Lacerte Tax modules?
The Trial Balance Utility works for the 1040, 1065, 1120, 1120S, 1041, and 990 tax programs.
Where can I get more information regarding using Lacerte Trial Balance Utility?