The following critical diagnostic is generating:
Attach Form MO-2NR or Form MO-NRP for the Missouri Nonresident Partner or S Corporation Shareholder Tax Withheld. (ref. #4901)
This diagnostic generates when there is Credit for state estimates/withholding paid entered on a pass-through from either a partnership of an S-Corporation.
The Form MO-2NR comes from both the MO-1065 and MO-1120S, while the Form MO-NRP only comes with the MO-1065.
A copy of the forms would have to be scanned to a PDF on the preparer's computer.
To attach a PDF to the Missouri e-file return:
- Click on the Detail tab
- Navigate to Screen 4 - Electronic Filing.
- Click on e-file PDF/Miscellaneous in the upper portion of the left navigation panel.
- Click on the button labeled PDF Attachment.
- Click on the button labeled Attach PDF.
- Select the button labeled Browse Files.
- Locate and select the PDF to attach.
- Click the button labeled Open.
- Click the button labeled OK.
- Verify that the No button is selected under Send PDF attachment with federal return.
- Mark the checkbox labeled Send PDF attachment with Missouri return.
- Enter Form MO-2NR or Form MO-NRP in, Form and line number on state return.
Note: This diagnostic will not disappear. It is not an e-file critical diagnostic and will not stop the return from being e-filed. After the PDF has been attached, simply check the the box next to the diagnostic to cross it out.