How do I setup the return to pay the Federal estimates electronically?
Follow these steps to set up electronic payment of estimates:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- On the left-side menu, select General.
- Click on Misc. Info./Direct Deposit.
- Click on Direct Deposit of Refund/Electronic Payment.
- Check the box Electronic payment of estimated tax.
- Scroll down to the Financial Institution #1 subsection.
- Enter the Routing Transit Number, Depositor Account Number, and Type of account.
- Go to the Check Return tab.
- Verify all information is generating correctly on the e-file Payment Record form.
- Electronic payment of federal estimates can only be set up by e-filing the federal return.
- Paper filed 1040 returns must mail estimate vouchers, Form 1040-ES.
- Federal estimate payment information will only be transmitted with the e-filed tax return (not with extensions or transmitted separately).
ProConnect Tax Online support has no record of whether or not electronic payments of estimated taxes are being withdrawn. To find out or cancel a payment, call the IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about or cancel your payment. Please wait 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted before calling. See the IRS Pay Taxes by Electronic Funds Withdrawal under the Cancellation, Errors, and Questions section for more information.
- Efiling State Quarterly Estimates in ProConnect Tax Online
- Setup Electronic Payment of Amount Due with ProConnect Tax Online E-file Return/Extension/Estimate
- Adjust the Estimated Tax Worksheet for Next Year
- Override Estimated Tax Voucher Payment Amounts
- Apply Refund To Next Year's Estimated Payments