Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WI W-2 file transmission

mocpas
Level 1

Has anyone been able to submit WI EFW2 files?

I am getting error messages about the tax withholding numbers. I tried a few different clients and get the same message.

EasyAcct says it is Wisconsin's issue. Wisconsin says it is an issue with EasyAcct.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tonycpa
Level 3

Support just helped me.

After you click the create EF file, look on the left side you will see WI highlighted.  You must double click on the WI icon(highlighted in green on my screen) , then a box pops up where you must manually enter the WI WH number.  I used copy and paste from my company screen.

I then tested the file on WI aok, and then I filed WI AOK

New procedure for 2019, EASYACCT does not automatically pick up the WI WH number from the company file, you must manually reenter it as listed above.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15
Someone else reported a similar error, so my guess is programming.
You will need to contact support for help on this https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/how-to-contact-easyacct-for-help/00/4965

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
tonycpa
Level 3

Same problem.  WI hold time an hour, EASYACCT hold time an hour. Sheesh!

0 Cheers
tonycpa
Level 3

Support just helped me.

After you click the create EF file, look on the left side you will see WI highlighted.  You must double click on the WI icon(highlighted in green on my screen) , then a box pops up where you must manually enter the WI WH number.  I used copy and paste from my company screen.

I then tested the file on WI aok, and then I filed WI AOK

New procedure for 2019, EASYACCT does not automatically pick up the WI WH number from the company file, you must manually reenter it as listed above.

George4Tacks
Level 15

@tonycpa Thank you for sharing this information. I believe you can pick your response as the answer. That will highlight it for future use by those with the same question. 

@mocpas This will hopefully help you.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
janglemyer
Level 1

THANK YOU!!!  Been on the phone over 2hrs waiting for customer service.  RIDICULOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE.  Not buying this product again.

I sent a file to WI and they said the WTN is defaulting to 036-8888888888-01 and needs to be the WTN for that company.  Program issue.

0 Cheers