Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips no longer carrying through

Blondie840
Level 3

So since the new update we are having issues with tipped employees.  Tips are entered and show up on the transaction listing, but then they don't pull through to the payroll journal or to the actual paycheck.  Anyone else noticing this or have a suggestion of what is going on?

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

7 Comments 7
Keito322
Level 1

We are having the same issue and have not found a fix yet. Did you find a resolution? 

0 Cheers
Blondie840
Level 3

No solution yet.  We're having to manually enter tips in the "review computed checks" tab. Strange thing is is happening in some companies and not other ones and is some companies its only certain employees.  It's a mix of new and old employees though, so it's not like it's just doing it for new people or anything like that.....

SYS
Level 1

For our company, it is only employees whose last names (IDs) are in the latter part of the alphabet. It is OK through the T's then the next employee, whose last name begins with W, and the remaining employees alphabetically, don't process correctly.  I even tested by entering fake new employees and by reinstating previously terminated employees, and they worked fine until the latter portion of the alphabet. I too have been having to enter the tip info again through the "review computed checks" screen, but that is cumbersome and the info gets wiped out if you have to go back and change something in the payroll computation area. I also wonder if this problem will affect reports needed later for quarterly and annual payroll tax forms, like W-2s. Intuit better get this figured out soon because this is a big issue when you have a restaurant with a lot of tipped employees!! 

0 Cheers
Troese
Level 3

We are the same, to many employees and not enough of a pattern to say who is actually effects.  One thing I did notice is that when I manually enter tips in the "review computer checks" tab, some of my taxes don't calculate correctly, so really it's all wrong.  For the past MONTH, I have had to enter everyone, go through the check register and see who is wrong, delete them, run a payroll for those left, and then go back and run a SECOND PAYROLL for everyone that didn't go through correctly on the first payroll.  This is a "PITA" - please fix this!

0 Cheers
BigM
Level 1

Having the same problem.....not able to get an answer from East Acct yet....this is a horror!!!

0 Cheers
tarheel1
Level 2

We have been having this same issue for about a month.  No fixes in sight from Intuit apparently.  We have been with them for over 20 years, but we are looking at other software which will really be a nightmare with the number of payroll clients we have.  Any solutions or better software will be a appreciated.

0 Cheers
Troese
Level 3

Tarheel1 - my company is looking into the Drake payroll software, and possibly switching before the end of the year.  I hate to do that, would prefer to start January 1, but with all the software issues we are having with EasyACCT, this is getting ridiculous.  Like you, we have between 75-100 payroll clients, it's a disaster when I try to do anything with them.  I hope you find something that works for you as well.

0 Cheers