Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overtime rate

helpme
Level 1

I have set up code GP2 to the OT rate, but when I run Payroll Check Computation and add the entry for OT hours, it still uses the amount from GP1 (although it show code GP2 and description "overtime" in the matrix. I then Have to re-key the correct OT rate for this entry. What is the correct way to have the program use the correct rate for OT?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

That would depend on what software you are using.  Your selections in this error proof forum have indicated you are using ProSeries, which is not an accounting software.

Slava Ukraini!
helpme
Level 1

I'm using Intuit Easy ACCT Professional Series.  Hope that helps

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

That helps, but unfortunately I'm not familiar with the EasyAcct accounting package.  Can you edit your post to show EasyAcct instead of ProSeries in order to increase you odds of getting help?  In a worse case scenario, you can always try calling support.

Slava Ukraini!
nickeypoo72
Level 5

Do you have the OT Pay Factor set to 1.5 under the Overtime box of the Default Payroll Information tab (in Batch Payroll - Company Info) ?  Also, make sure to check the box that says "Calculate overtime automatically".

helpme
Level 1

Hi,  Yes, I have the rate set to 1.5 and to calculate auto.  

0 Cheers
nickeypoo72
Level 5

Oh, are you saying that you have set up "Rate 2" in the Pay Rates section on the employee screen?  If so, I've never known the Rate 2 and Rate 3 fields to be anything other than for reference.  I do not know if or how the system would automatically pick those up for anything.  Typically the system will calculate OT based off of Std/Rate Salary field.  Is your OT not paid at 1.5 time the normal hourly rate?  If not, maybe if you change the OT factor to whatever you pay - perhaps if it's double time for instance - set it to "2". 

Good luck!

0 Cheers
helpme
Level 1

When I add an entry for OT hours, I select rate2.  It displays it as Overtime, but still uses the rate in rate 1.  I have also tried using the Std/Rate salary field (set the OT factor to 1.5) but still no go.  Is there a instruction manual that details how to set this up?  

0 Cheers