Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update change the G/L report vs the Financial Reports

BB68
Level 1

Has anyone else notice that when you run a G/L report it is showing -.01 difference vs the actual Financial Report?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

12 Comments 12
ajfeni
Level 1

Yes, I am having the same issue.  But when you run the financial statement the .01 error on accounts is corrected.  I have run a data repair and it still does not fix the general ledger issue!

0 Cheers
HaliRB
Level 3

Everyone is having the same issue if they did the latest update. Support knows and is working on a fix. I thought it was supposed to be released today but haven't seen it yet.

JMLissau
Level 2

So...3:30 CST....problem with this and 941's not correct...how can we get any work done!!! Hopefully fix comes tomorrow!!

0 Cheers
Rosco
Level 2

Yup, us too.  Quite disappointing

0 Cheers
HaliRB
Level 3

New Update: Fixed the 941 but not the GL.

User2020
Level 1

My GL is still off, too.  Not what we need right now.

0 Cheers
Blondie840
Level 3

If you run a cumulative general ledger just using the month as the period it runs correctly.  Not the best solution, but for now at least you get the right numbers.....

HaliRB
Level 3

Yes. One downfall is it does not show the net income or loss for the month. It shows net income or loss for the year. There are a couple of our clients who receive the general ledger along with their financials, and they are pretty particular about format changes. This is the only solution we have for now though.

0 Cheers
BB68
Level 1

I have had to tell my clients to wait for the updated and correct G/L.  They don't really understand what is going on but they want to see what is in each category.  I have told them it is taking a little more time for my turn around because I am manually calculating to ensure the totals are accurate.  That is where my clients have reservations about the total.  This type of programming error makes it hard on us to show our clients what we are doing is correct and accurate for them.

JMLissau
Level 2

As of July 22nd, 11:39 a.m. CST, no update to issue.  Will be updated with next software update release which is ???  Doesn't help my clients now though, does it!

Blondie840
Level 3

We've been using the cumulative G/L as a work around, but now the last few days even that is wrong.  It's showing up out of balance by a penny so it's changing 1 account instead of all of them like the regular ledger is doing.  We've officially given up and called Drake.  Too many issues with 941s, the new w-2s, tips not working right, and now this.  We're switching software.

0 Cheers
JMLissau
Level 2

Fixed as of this AM 7/30/2020