Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instructions both the recipient and payer copy of the 1099 nec using a lot of paper!

Grace5
Level 2

can the instructions for form 1099-nec recipient copy and payer copy be suppressed and allow more than one form per page like the 1099 misc??

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristinaR
Level 2

After being on hold for almost two hours, I was told they are working on the alignment issues but nothing in the works for printing the Recipient copies or File copies two to a page, even though the IRS copies are printing two to a page.  Very frustrating for sure. 

However, after playing around with it a bit, I found that if you print the IRS copies on to the black and white pre-printed forms, that are used for Quickbooks, that will work once they get the alignment issues resolved.  

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
qbteachmt
Level 15

"and allow more than one form per page"

The IRS controls the layout.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
ChristinaR
Level 2

Quickbooks Desktop is printing the NEC forms the same as the MISC forms, two to a page, so not an IRS issue.  Additionally, the NEC forms in the Easy Accounting System do not line up with the typical 1099 envelopes.  On hold now with Tech Support for 88:09 minutes

Grace5
Level 2

Agree that the address in the Esasy Acct do not line up in the window envelopes!  Let me know what Tech support indicates!

ChristinaR
Level 2

Will do.

I tried printing the 1099's on the 3-part form and using the W2 window envelopes, but it doesn't line up with those either.  I ended up printing labels and mailing the Recipient one page copy in regular envelopes for now.  I have several more companies to do and to have to do that for each one will be tedious for sure.

I have a list of issues for them.  The alignment is off on the IRS red copy as well and if you adjust, it, it changes the whole form.  This is pretty unbelievable.    

0 Cheers
ChristinaR
Level 2

After being on hold for almost two hours, I was told they are working on the alignment issues but nothing in the works for printing the Recipient copies or File copies two to a page, even though the IRS copies are printing two to a page.  Very frustrating for sure. 

However, after playing around with it a bit, I found that if you print the IRS copies on to the black and white pre-printed forms, that are used for Quickbooks, that will work once they get the alignment issues resolved.  

0 Cheers
Grace5
Level 2

thanks Christina for updating the post with the info. from support!  Much appreciated.

0 Cheers
ChristinaR
Level 2

Glad to help !  

0 Cheers