Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change 2021 SDI Rate in EasyAccount Software

jeanlincpa
Level 2

2021 CA SDI Rate changed to 1.2%.

How can I change it in my EasyAccount ?

Thank you

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

4 Comments 4
abctax55
Level 15

Don't know... BUT I do know that QB Desktop is having a *major* issue with the CA SDI.  They "forgot" to change it; they are attempting to blame the EDD saying the rate wasn't available.  Which is nothing but bullsh*t as the EDD announce the rates in November & mailed out letters to employers.

In QBD - all you can really do is override.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Alicante
Level 2

It looks like EasyAcct did not make the new change for 2021 to 1.20%.

Until EasyAcct fixes this, You may need to calculate the 1.20% and enter it manually for each employee when entering either batch payroll or after the fact payroll.  Not the best workaround, but will allow you to make payroll.

0 Cheers
paygenius
Level 1

You can change the payroll tax table. When in Company selection, choose system, system utilities, payroll tax tables, local tax tables and then choose the year and SDI and change the rate. It changes it for all companies.

0 Cheers
IntuitAngee
Employee
Employee

Good Afternoon jeanlincpa, 

This is a known issue to be resolve with the next update, we are expecting that update by the end of the week.  If you are in the EasyACCT Professional System, you can manually change these rates. 

From the Company Selection screen > System >  System Utilities > Payroll/Sales Tax Tables > Local Tax Tables screen. In this screen, drop the menu down for Tax Code and scroll down to SDI and hit Tab. This should load the code and we can change the rate in the Plus Percent field from 1.00 to 1.20. This will apply to all pay items that are using this code. 

If you are in the EasyACCT Business System, you will need to wait until the update is available by the end of the week. 

Thank you for your post in the Accountants Community!

0 Cheers