Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 940 - EIN not printing and other hold ups

DLR
Level 3

I know this has been discussed and we are waiting on the next update to fix this.  I am wondering if I can E-file the Form 940 or not - does anyone know?

What else is everyone holding up processing until the next update?

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

6 Comments 6
helen_lim
Level 1

I can print the 940 form to PDF.  However, the EIN not displaying on page 1 of Form 940 and page 2 Part 5, not displaying the liabilities for each quarter.  Also on Part 7 not displaying the taxpayer's name and title and Part 8 not displaying Preparer's EIN and PTIN.  All these issues after Creating Efile on Preview.  Does any one have this problem?

gustus59
Level 3

part 5 is suppose to be blank if liability is under $500....I haven't done one yet with >500 so all of mine have been blank....didn't know if you knew this...

0 Cheers
Kariey
Level 2

Yes having same problem with no EIN. Preparer PTIN is showing.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

I'm old so I print them, sign them and mail them. Done and move to the next company.

🙂

0 Cheers
IntuitAngee
Employee
Employee

Good Afternoon DLR, 

Efiling Form 940 will be available after the next update, we are expecting it by the end of the week. There are many things being included in this update, printing issues on Form W-2 and Form 1099-NEC, adding Form 943, including the EIN on Form 940. There are various posts of the many different issues that I've been able to confirm are included in this coming update. 

Thank you for your post in the Accountants Community!

0 Cheers
helen_lim
Level 1

Thank-you very much for the update.  Looking forward for the updates and hope everything will be good now.

0 Cheers