Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyAcct Q1 2021 Form 941 Processing Errors

Diamondmint
Level 1

So it appears "Another Quarter, Another Set of EasyACCT Errors"....I'm up to my eyebrows in tax returns right now and the LAST thing I want to be dealing with is payroll reports!!  Evidently Intuit feels the same way because their EasyACCT program is VERY buggy.  The main problem I am having is that when I go to generate my 941's, I get a "Runtime Error '6' Overflow" error, and the entire program shuts down!!!  This is only happening on 2 of my clients, and I can't figure out a workaround on this one.

The other error I'm getting is again when generating Form 941, EasyACCT is populating the Schedule B with massive errant numbers on a couple of the pay periods.  Then, when you click on the "Automatically Round to Fractions of Cents" tab, it plugs a huge massive number in to make things balance out.  I'm able to scroll down through the Schedule B pay period liabilities and override the couple errant million dollar random numbers with the correct 941 liabilities for those specific pay periods and fix the errors so I can still generate the reports.  This only happened with THREE of my clients, but at least I was able to use duct tape, some bailing wire and a little JB Weld to get the returns out the door.

"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot".....WHY are we paying thousands of dollars for a program that has to be manually overridden to get a correct report, IF IT EVEN WORKS AT ALL!!!

It is April 12th....the reports are due April 30th...why has this not been fixed yet?

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

19 Comments 19
cin15
Level 3

I am having the same problem with the runtime error, but not on everyone.  We pay too much money every year for this software to have problems over and over and over and over and over.  Any word when this will be fixed?  I hate intuit.  They ruined EasyAcct. 

I have same problem too.

0 Cheers
Rhonda63
Level 2

Same...

0 Cheers
Eileen04
Level 1

Grrrrr ... same problem here!

0 Cheers
DRCOFFEE
Level 3

Same story here too...I agree. Don't love doing these reports by hand. 

0 Cheers
gustus59
Level 3

I got this email from support after giving a rather heated phone call yesterday....but I'm not sure how to do it without buying it again....suggestions...

"The update is available for the Form 941 issue you have been experiencing. To access it, please log in to your account at myproconnect.intuit.com, and download and install the full product. The update will be included in the download."

0 Cheers
gustus59
Level 3

Well I tried that and nothing changed....don't waste your time.

vscpanm
Level 5

I uninstalled and re-installed and no difference. 

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

Try this. This was in another community post, very helpful. This method is time consuming but it seems to work. - from jeanlincpa, drcoffee 

"I had the same problem. I got this response from another user. JayR

I talked with EASY Acct this morning.  I had to go back and RECALCULATE all checks for the quarter. Once I did, problem was resolved.

(Me:)How did you do that after they had been posted? In Manual Checks?

Yes, set your Transaction Entry Date to 013121, then open Batch Payroll Module, Process Payroll, Manual Processing, set date to 013121, hit Next a time or two and it will take you to the first check of the pay period, hit Recalculate.  Cycle through all the checks for Jan the repeat for Feb and Mar.  But just know, the 941 for 2021 has not been released yet.  They expect it out Wed or Thur, however, you can still do your 941 and print it but it's possible there could be changes once the 2021 form is released."

0 Cheers
DRCOFFEE
Level 3

I have done this and am still having an issue. Had to manually calculate the 941. 

However, I will probably go back again and try to isolate where the error has occurred and recalculate that payroll. 

0 Cheers
gustus59
Level 3

This is fixed my problems.   I downloaded from website and like magic on the 20th of April my errors are gone.

0 Cheers
DRCOFFEE
Level 3

Recalculating or another fix? 

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

Recalculating. So we figured out that if you are calculating a live payroll and manually adjust the FED or any of the other withholdings, those are the checks that trigger the errors and the shut down of EASY. When you go back and re-calculate for each month only those checks, the errors are all or mostly gone and EASY doesn't seem to shut down. 

migkc
Level 1

Just be careful the ERC calculations are not fixed.  Still calculating at 50%

0 Cheers
cin15
Level 3

Going into Manual Processing and pulling up every single payroll check to recalculate fixes the issue.  I have done this on several clients and it works.  Make sure you have the option "Do Not Adjust FICA/Medicare W/H AND the box "Prompt to recalculate" selected under "Payroll Data entry Options".  Those boxes have to be checked in order for it to recalculate.  I had one client that those were not checked and it did not fix the issue until I checked those boxes.  Hope this helps someone else.  This whole thing is ridiculous!  My 941s were showing billions of dollars in some of the boxes before the recalculation.

cooljrok
Level 1

Still having the same problem. Any fixes other than the manual recalculation yet?

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

no fixes. I have no issues recalculating. 

0 Cheers
sbigner
Level 1

I uninstalled and reinstalled Easy and still not fixed.

0 Cheers
Cindy Divido
Level 2

Diamondmint, I'm curious if you've looked at your second quarter 941s for the same issues that we experienced in the first.  I just did and after countless hours correcting this, the system is now populating the same 231488553 number. 

0 Cheers