Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyACCT 1099NEC issue with 1096 Transmittal

SlosbergTax
Level 1

When printing out preprinted laser form of 1096 transmittal for two 1099NEC vendors, the 1096 doesnt have the "1096NEC" box checked down below in part 6.  Anyone know what is going on?  When I print out the file copy the bix is checked off correctly.... It's only not checking the box on the red original preprinted laser forms.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

14 Comments 14
IntuitAngee
Employee
Employee

Good Afternoon SlosbergTax,

This is a known issue to be resolve with the next update, we are expecting that update by the end of the week.

Thank you for your post in the Accountants Community!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

@IntuitAngee  - since the troops are getting restless, can you be a little more precise?  For some folks the end of the week is tomorrow.  For others it is Sunday.  Are you looking at a potential rollout tomorrow or Sunday?  Or maybe even split the difference and Saturday is the magical day.  You have to realize that a lot of folks using the software have clients breathing down their necks looking for forms because they have employees breathing down their necks looking for forms.  It would be nice to be a little more definitive so that folks can plan for the next few days.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15
TDC
Level 2

Will that update (expected Saturday? Right?) also fix the control sheet issues? And fix it so it will suppress any NEC forms from printing if below the minimum?  And fix it so the system information with the phone and fax number, email and contact populates and prints on the right side of the transmittal forms?

Who can I email at EasyACCT with feedback and ideas for enhancements?  Thank you for your help.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The update happened this afternoon and fixed absolutely everything.  Well, maybe not.  There are still issues out there.  😢

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitAngee
Employee
Employee

Good Afternoon TDC, 

The update is now live, from within your program click System > Update via internet to install it. 

This update has fixed 

Form 1096 Control List 

Form 1096 suppressing if below the minimum 

I am not sure that I understand the last issue that you described. System Information is not printing at all or printing alignment is off?

I recommend you install the update and test all of these and reply here with more details if you're still having an issue. 

Thank you for posting in the Accountants Community!

0 Cheers
pkellycpa
Level 5

So when do we get the 1099-NEC format that fits in all those 1099-MISC envelopes you sold us?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Using those envelopes, I feel like Al Bundy trying to squeeze a size 19 foot into a size 9 shoe. 😓

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitAngee
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately I don't have guidance on those envelopes in technical support, please contact our Orders and Supplies team at 800-548-0289 as they may have other options.

At this time, there is no further formatting or alignment changes scheduled for Form 1099-NEC. 

Thank you for your post in the Accountants Community! 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

@IntuitAngee  - but you have to realize that we have a short window of time to get these things done.  I'm going to bet the ranch that there are no other envelope options.  Was there any coordination between the programming team and the envelope team?  Once again, this isn't Intuit's finest hour.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
pkellycpa
Level 5

So I called the supply phone number and some artificial intelligence robot could not get what I wanted.

They wanted to sell me a kit used for non laser generated copies.

So, is there a 1099-NEC envelope? The supply department sure doesn't know.

IRonMaN
Level 15

If there was, you would think that they would have tried selling them to us when we ordered the supplies.  It's not like Intuit is bashful about trying to throw in extra sales pitches whenever they can.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TDC
Level 2

Thank you!  I thought the Preparer Information in System Characteristics flowed to the 1096 Transmitter Forms.  Instead, you have to enter the info within each company's information page to have it populate to the transmitter form.  Seems really unnecessary having to re-enter the same info on every individual company.  Then within the company there's a box to check if you want this info to print on the forms.  I do not want this to print on the forms, however, all the 1099-MISC forms print with it, the 1099-NEC forms do not.  Thanks for your help.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

I Use the 3-up format printing and the 3-up 1099 envelopes for my 1099Misc and 1099Nec.

Greatland.com

0 Cheers