Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COVID-19 Pay on W-2

Tara Jo
Level 1

We printed W-2's and the Covid pay isn't showing in box 14. Can anyone help?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Covid pay meaning FFCRA paid sick leave?
Is it suppose to be shown somewhere special? Its treated the same as regular wages for the employee, right?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

I'm assuming she's referring to this:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-20-54.pdf

"Employers will be required to report these amounts either on Form W-2, Box 14, or on a separate statement"

I think ideally this should be in box 14 but it sounds like you might be able to provide a "separate statement" instead if EasyACCT does not cooperate.

But based on all of the posts this year, Intuit may have to remove the word "Easy" from their product or face lawsuits for false advertising.  What a mess!

Tara Jo
Level 1

It is supposed to be in box 14 on the W-2 but it isn't populating...

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@rbynaker  does it get treated differently by the employee?

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

If the employee also has a business then it impacts the calculations on Form 7202.  If you already got paid by your employer for 10 days of COVID, you don't also get a tax credit for it by being self-employed.

Edit:  See lines 15 & 16  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f7202.pdf

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ahhhh ok, I hadnt considered that angle, thank you! Ive only got one clients that I prepare payroll quarteries and W2s for that had this type of pay, and I know my software didnt really differentiate the FFCRA pay automatically, I can plug it into Box 14 manually though.

0 Cheers
Tara Jo
Level 1

How do you put it in manually?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I use a different accounting software, sorry.

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

How do you put it in manually?

I might try an Ultra-Fine Point Sharpie.

nickeypoo72
Level 5

Do you have it listed as Box 14 for the GP category under "W2 Boxes" of the employees Wage/ Withholding Screen?    that's how I did it.  When I entered Box 14 it wiped out all of the preset checks for the various box codes/taxes - but I just rechecked the ones that needed check.  Printed fine on my W2s.

0 Cheers