Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-NEC

s-gibbens
Level 2

When printing the 1099-NEC for the recipient the Information System is printing the instructions on the bottom instead of letting you print two to a page.  Intuit supplied us with forms to print two to a page.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

12 Comments 12
JMLissau
Level 2

Not that, but when I try to print laser generated forms no amount shows in Box 1 although information is there and on the red form, it prints two items, one blank and one with information....and an hour wait on phone!!!

0 Cheers
Blondie840
Level 3

Since they print the instructions we are just printing on plain paper and returning the 1099-NEC paper to our supplier.  Not the best solution as now we have twice as many pages, but plain paper is cheaper so we're dealing with it...

Ours are also printing ALL forms despite checking the box to suppress printing under $600, so people who didn't get paid this year are printing on blank forms.  We don't want to delete them out because many will get paid again next year if business re-opens normally and then they won't carry over.

0 Cheers
sastoledo
Level 2

Yes, it's printing 1 per page, I'm just printing them on regular paper and folding them ... they still fit in the normal 2 UP 1099 envelopes, so it works for us.

0 Cheers
pkellycpa
Level 5

I'd like to know how you use the 1099MISC envelopes for the NEC.

My print cuts off either the name or the city!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

That could be one of the things that are scheduled for the super duper update this week.  Based on the posts it appears the update will fix everything including premature baldness in men.

Slava Ukraini!
pkellycpa
Level 5

Forget that, I want the ED cure update.

That's going to be one heck of an update. Don't they test this program in November?

They managed to get their billing out!!!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The program doesn't exactly involve a lot of complex calculations, it's more of a glorified typewriter.  I honestly don't know how they could have messed it up as badly as they did.

Slava Ukraini!
deidres
Level 1

We installed the update today 1/15/21 and it did not fix the problems of printing instructions on the bottom of the recipient's copy or printing all vendors under $600.  This will be a problem when e-filing.  Will we have to delete all vendors under $600?  Is there a support line to find out if there is a fix coming?

0 Cheers
deidres
Level 1

Called support 1/16/2021.  They are not sending out an update for the recipient copy of the 1099-NEC.  Support indicated the correct format is with the instructions at the bottom.  Our fix is to copy the red and white IRS two to a page form onto our perforated blank paper with instructions on the back and select Preprinted Laser Forms IRS Copy option.  This fix also fits in the envelope.  The update did fix the problem of printing 1099s under the minimum.  You may need to install the update a few times to get it to work.

0 Cheers
Lynne2
Level 1

I am having issues with the 1099 NEC One up with instructions at the bottom fitting into the 1099 Envelopes.  In comparing the printed version of the 2020 and 2021 1099 NEC Copy B, the Boxes for Payer's Tin, Recipient's TIN have been made smaller, which effects how the addresses appearing through the windows on the envelope.  Can this be changed back to the 2020 format?  

0 Cheers
pkellycpa
Level 5

They could probably correct this formatting in about 15 minutes. The problem is that they won't do it.

I have been printing the 3 up and using 1099 envelopes from Staples.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

3-up were working for me prior to this release.. Now I have to Cut below the copy B perforation.