Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099 NEC totals on 1096

sastoledo
Level 2

We were training employees in IRS 1099 software and entered data in the new 1099-NEC form.  We then went to the 1096 to get it populated and it will check the 1099-NEC form, but it won't tell how many forms or the total $ amounts?  The 1099 Misc form worked like it should.  Is this something that is a bug that needs to be fixed?

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like a bug that needs to be fixed.  Have you tried running an update to see if there is a fix out there yet?

Slava Ukraini!
sastoledo
Level 2

We have to deal with the "cloud people" it took us over a week just to get it installed ... and just got it done yesterday, so unless they just fixed it today ...   Looks like we have a release Version 2020.1.02 from 12/1/20

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Since there aren't a whole lot of folks from EasyAcct visiting this place to offer any divine guidance, you have a couple of choices at this point in time:

1.  Be patient and assume an update will correct the issue

or

2.  Build up enough courage to make a phone call and deal with Intuit support.

Personally, I would go with option 1 at this point, but you might be braver than me and go with the second choice.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It's not even January yet, I wouldn't count on things working completely correct until then.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Ginga
Level 1

Has this bug been corrected yet? If so, what version are you on? 

0 Cheers
sastoledo
Level 2

I just checked ... still not populating the 1096 for the 1099 NEC forms.  Looks like version 2020.1.02 which I think was the same as we we got it uploaded in November.  Looks like release 2 isn't available until 1/7/21 ... no pressure ... lol

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Looks like version 2020.1.02 which I think was the same as we we got it uploaded in November"

Someone else posted that a Dec update brought in some NEC functionality. It seems your cloud hosting service isn't being timely to your needs.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I found this for you: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/product-delivery/help/easyacct-release-dates/00/105596

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Ginga
Level 1

This schedule doesn't say anything about incremental releases. I saw in another post that a user is on version 2020.1.3, which is not included in this schedule.

For what it's worth, the other post says that 2020.1.3 includes the ability to transfer prior year 1099-Misc info to current year 1099-NEC. No mention of the 1096 problem, though. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/easyacct-discussions/discussion/information-return-system-10...

0 Cheers
TDC
Level 2

January 10th 2021, same issues, Version 2020.1.2

0 Cheers
Ginga
Level 1

We just updated to 2020.1.03 and the 1099-NEC information is now flowing to the 1096.

0 Cheers
TDC
Level 2

Actually, just tried to process.  1096 for 1099-MISC...the contact info on the right side of 1096 doesn't auto populate.  On the 1096 for 1099-NEC, contact info doesn't populate and the number of forms is wrong.  Looks like it shows all the records stored as NEC instead of just the one that has an amount.

0 Cheers