Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099 NEC Issues

JMLissau
Level 2

Here are the issues I have had with ONE 1099 NEC.  Can Tech Support please handle these!!!

Control List will not print with any information.

System adds a 1099-MISC to my selection/print reports although no information entered and don't need it.

1096 - Must print to screen before the "FILE" copy prints.

1096 Red Copy (A) does not show "X" in the 1099-NEC box when printed.

1099 Red Copy (A) - Not aligned on the left side or from the top...to close to left and to high at top and Box 1 amount not right justified.

Recipient Copy - Not aligned with envelopes like 1099-MIS from last yr.

NO FILE COPY FOR 1099-NEC! Need a file copy!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

10 Comments 10
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Can Tech Support please handle these!!!"

You are posting on a Peer User forum. This is not Tech Support nor Customer Support. You would need to contact them directly.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
JRC
Level 8

hahaha... Contacting Tech Support will take up 3-Hours of your day on hold. And The answer I received was that they will report the errors to the programmers to fix for the next update.

Thank you

DLx5
Level 1

I've had the same issues.  I contacted support on December 30 with these issues.  I had hoped for an update by now but, unfortunately, we've not received one.  Form 943 is also not available which is a problem.  Also, hoping on an update for that.

0 Cheers
IntuitAngee
Employee
Employee

Good Afternoon JMLissau, 

Most of these have been confirmed as known issues and are to be resolved with the next update, we are expecting that update by the end of the week.

These are the issues that will be addressed:

System adds a 1099-MISC to my selection/print reports although no information entered and don't need it

Control List will not print with any information

1096 Red Copy (A) does not show "X" in the 1099-NEC box when printed

1099 Red Copy (A) - Not aligned on the left side or from the top...to close to left and to high at top and Box 1 amount not right justified

We haven't heard of others experiencing the following: 

1096 - Must print to screen before the "FILE" copy prints

Recipient Copy - Not aligned with envelopes like 1099-MIS from last yr

You will likely need to call in to support to further troubleshoot and narrow down these issues as we have no other reports of this happening and are not able to duplicate this internally either. 

Also, the IRS did not publish a Form 1099-NEC Copy D (File Copy) for us to add to the program. 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1099nec.pdf

Thank you for your post in the Accountants Community!

0 Cheers
IntuitAngee
Employee
Employee

Good Afternoon DLx5, 

Form 943 will be published with the next update, we are expecting that by the end of the week. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

@IntuitAngee  - thanks for all of the posts letting folks know about the coming update.  It would be nice if you, or someone from Intuit, could periodically check in here to help with EasyAcct issues instead of leaving folks hanging for so long.  Tax has a lot of folks trying to pitch in to help but EasyAcct help is pretty much nonexistent.  

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitAngee
Employee
Employee

Thank you for the callout and feedback IRonMaN, we will continue to keep an eye on the community space and I will be sure to pass your feedback along. 

Thanks for posting in the Accountants Community! 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
rebeccachohon
Level 2

I’ve been having the same issue with the Control List, both with W-2s & 1099 NEC.  Finally today I was able to get it to print.  Also having trouble printing 1099 NEC to align properly & kept getting a warning and then run time error 0. Spoke with agent today and he said that it is my printer. So went to my other printer and same warning and error pops up and once run time error 0 pops up you hit ok and takes out of the program.   This is not customers problem it is the software issue.  The agent told me that nobody else has complained about this and it had to be an issue with my printer. Please... how can it do this same action on two different printers?

VWC-IT
Level 1

We are having print issues with the 1099 NEC as well. Our issue is when printing with the PREPRINTED forms, it prints the whole form and clients information. Intuit has no resolution for it as of yet.

0 Cheers