Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll checks missing from journals?

mikeyst28
Level 3

Anyone else having issue with payroll checks randomly missing?  Random checks that were written in the previous month are now no longer there when we go back and print a journal for the month and are not adding in to the employees totals on earnings reports.  It's not entire check runs missing, or all of a certain employee or anything, just a random check here and there from the middle of a processed payroll. They are however still in the totals that run on the financials....  So now if we try to re-enter them on the employee we get doubled up totals on the financials and they are then incorrect, but if we don't enter them w-2s will be wrong. This is happening to us across multiple companies and without going back and specifically looking at each one there is no way to catch it until we try to reconcile the bank account. 

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

It that is Intuit's idea of a Christmas present for you, that kinda sucks.  Do you have clean backups prior to this mess starting?  I hate to say it, but I think you really want to call support on that one. 

Slava Ukraini!
mikeyst28
Level 3

Someone in the office is on hold with them right now, just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.  We reconcile our bank accounts outside of the program and if not for that we probably would have never even noticed until we got to the end of the year to run w-2s and the totals wouldn't have come out.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

EasyAcct traffic in this place is quite minimal so it could be quite awhile, if ever, before someone using EasyAcct might respond.

Slava Ukraini!
mikeyst28
Level 3

Yeah, but it's also going to be a while before we can get support to try to figure out what's happening, so thought it was worth a shot.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

We balanced for November so far as far as I know. 

I would check first under the "Manual Processing" for the month to see if they are there for the period you are having problems with.

2nd I would check in the Write-up entry portion of the program "Enter Transactions" for the period or periods you are missing and close it out which should repost and update your payrolls.

Beyond this you could try to use the "Data File/Index Repair" function of the program.

I don't remember exactly but we did have a glitch in the program last week with it showing items in a period we haven't posted to or entered transactions into. I Don't recall how I fixed it but it didn't take any deleting or entering items to correct it. Usually just going to the periods of the errors and reposting the periods without any new entries corrects the problems. Good Luck

mikeyst28
Level 3

If you go into manual processing the check does not show up. We've tried reposting, we've tried running the repair, nothing seems to help.  The fact that they add into running totals would suggest they posted,  but they don't show up anywhere and don't add to the employees YTD earnings, which would suggest that they didn't post...

Support is as confused as us because apparently it "should be impossible for a check to post to one place with out posting to the other too," and yet here we sit.... And there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which checks are missing. 

For accounts that we do monthly financials for we will catch the issue every time we reconcile their account at the end of the month. The issue is going to be clients that we do payroll only for since we're going to have to go back and review all the payrolls before we print w-2s to make sure that they are correct before printing.  

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

Thanks for the update. We will be on the lookout for any problems on our system and post them here if we find any.

JRC
Level 8

Curious if your 941's and State UC reporting is correct?

0 Cheers
mikeyst28
Level 3

Didn't have any issue with them for the 3rd quarter, but we didn't have any checks disappear from our system until October/November. Not sure that we noticed any missing until after we updated to the 2021/2022 version of the program....

0 Cheers