Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my couple clients is unable to sign, can I possibly just cancel the e-signature altogether and have them sign in person?

nectarine
Level 2

Because nothing works with my couple clients one signature went through and that is the husband but the wife is not even able to pass the first question to sign.  I voided the request over 5 times and send the request but to no avail.  The choices for the question was answered still would  not go through. Can I just go ahead and abandon the e-signature so they cab just sign in person so I can e-file their return?  Honestly they are frustrated about the issue. Please advise.  Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

Yes, in-person signature is acceptable for F.8879.  They can even wet-sign the authorization and scan/fax it back to you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers