Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO RESOLUTION FROM TIER 2 SUPPORT IN 2 MONTHS

VBD
Level 2

I have used EasyAcct for many years and regularly transfer transactions from Quickbooks into EasyAcct so I know how it works.   One of my clients upgraded to QuickBooks v.2022 and EasyAcct will not transfer from it.  I've talked to tech support since 1st week of November.  They have escalated to Tier 2 support and constantly say they are working on it but still no resolution.  My client is tired of waiting for EasyAcct to work and I may lose a client over this.   I am furious at the declined quality of the software and lack of customer support to resolve the problem. This is on 1 stand alone computer - no network.  QB and EA files and programs are on the same drive.  Both current & completely updated software.   No problem transferring from QB v 2021 until client changed to QB v 2022 and EA tech support agreed its a development problem but still have NOT fixed it in 2 months.   Anybody else have this problem and have any luck getting it resolved?    I get various errors but basically EA will not successfully open QB to start the transfer process.  

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

Turbotax and QBO are the prized children of Intuit.  EasyAcct is Intuit's least favorite adopted child.  Intuit cranked up the price of QB desktop evidently hoping to drive more people to QBO.  In light of those facts, I think you are screwed.

Slava Ukraini!
JRC
Level 8

I haven't been able to use the transfer feature in years now. We ended up printing a comparative balance sheet and Income statement in Quickbooks and manually post to Easyact.

I think EasyAct is on it's last years and we may be forced to use quickbooks online or an older version of Desktop Quickbooks to get by.

Seriously, there hasn't been any improvements to EasyAct since 2007. We get annual updates to Tax Tables and Forms but nothing of substance to the program.

IRonMaN
Level 15

But the good news is - they still charge the 2007 price? 😉

Slava Ukraini!
JRC
Level 8

I want your PRICE.......

IRonMaN
Level 15

I dumped it years ago, but I still use the Information Return System.

Slava Ukraini!
VBD
Level 2

I've transferred from QB into EA for several clients for many years.  Only occasional glitch but able to resolve quickly.   This time, it simply will not transfer from QB v 2022.   I might have to resort to same procedure you are using.   

VBD
Level 2

EasyAcct was about $1200 when I first bought it many years ago - probably 20 yrs at least.  Now its about $2700 per year.   Overall it works great for me except with this inability to transfer from QB v 2022.  Customer support has really declined.  They can't fix it and then try to get you to give them a good survey based on how nice they were and don't blame them if the software doesn't work.   They won't let you talk to tier 2 support.   I get emails from Tier 2 saying they are working on it.   One tech told me to call QB and the QB tech never heard of EA.     I believe its an EA programming problem.  

qbteachmt
Level 15

"I believe its an EA programming problem."

QB Desktop 2022 is rebuilt and is a 64-bit program. That has created a lot of backwards incompatibilities.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
NoMoreTax
Level 3

What did you switch to? 

I've been trying to find something else that will fit our needs for most of the summer. Can't seem to find something that has everything I need but isn't $10,000+ a year

IRonMaN
Level 15

Way back then, we switched to Peachtree (which is now Sage).  We have since pretty much phased out of doing writeup work.  When dealing with clients these days, they either use Sage or Quickbooks so we have both available to make our life and their lives easier.

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitGabi

We're working together to get this resolved for you. You'll be contacted when there's a resolution. Thank you for your patience, @VBD

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
0 Cheers
VBD
Level 2

Community Manager - Thank you for your response.  I've used Quickbooks and EasyAcct and other Intuit products for many, many years and they have always had excellent products and services in the past.  Its not so much a matter of my patience as it is my clients' patience and I'm afraid that is running out.    This is approx $15K/yr client for me that has currently been at a standstill for almost 3 months.  I have another client which is also about $15K/yr and they are trying to wait until this is resolved so they can upgrade to Quickbooks v. 2022 so I can continue to  transfer from Quickbooks to Easy Acct as I've done monthly for the past many years.  They have a deadline to upgrade due to Quickbooks payroll tax service deadline.    So it is not just me waiting and trying to be patient.  My clients are waiting as well.   Please convey the urgency of this matter to those who can actually get it resolved.   

VBD
Level 2

Community Manager - its been 2 weeks since you last posted that they were working to get this resolved.  I've not heard one word.   What is the status of this?     When I call EA tech support they say 'we're working on it".    I want to know the status and estimated time of resolution.   I need to tell my clients something.  

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@VBD wrote:

I need to tell my clients something.  

You should tell them two things:  (1) They should switch to a non-Intuit accounting program and (2) You will be switching to a non-Intuit program for next year.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Bill - this isn't going to look good on your Champions resume 🤣

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers