Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New w-4

PennyF
Level 1

Any updates on how to use the new W-4 when computing checks. You still have to enter information on the main employee screen and it seems the system is still using that information and not from the other W4 tab. So in simple terms it is still using the old W-4 info and not the new W-4 info.

I can't seem to find any update information after 2020.

Thanks!!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Comment 1
nickeypoo72
Level 5

Is this after the most recent update?  Or just in general?  I've had issues with the Head of Household status not calculating any federal taxes at all.  However, the other statuses have worked fine for me.  I do make sure that once I choose the Pay Period, I do not hit enter.  I then click on the W4 tab and check off all appropriate boxes and entries to match the W4.  Then the system automatically chooses "Single" or "Married" on the main screen.  You do have to enter number of exemptions, but for federal I always choose "0" if I'm entering a 2021 W4.