Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update not working?

mikeyst28
Level 3

Has anyone made the the new update from this week work?  It says it was the fix for the 941s, which would be nice to have before we have to start our quarterly reports, but the download just gets to 2,455 K remaining and then fails every single time.  Tried the regular update, internet update, running as an administrator..... nothing seems to be working.

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
JRC
Level 8

Are you asking on Update 2021.3.05 - Jun 16?

I updated my computer with no problems.

Didn't see any info on 941 changes or fixes. Only State tax changes to AK, UT and LA.

lringele
Level 1

I did not update yet, but another employee did.  When she tried to run payroll on a client, one employee wouldn't show up on the Review Computed Check screen or the Check Register. Another employee kept showing with a different employee's id number (not always the same one). Tried running the payroll on my (NOT updated) computer and everything worked fine. So now I don't want to update and she has to run payroll on my computer. Anyone else having problems after updating??

0 Cheers
nickeypoo72
Level 5

I am having issues with the Louisiana tax tables after the update!  Not showing the formulas correct and not calculating correctly.  I never do the updates until a month or so after they show up to see if anyone else is having problems on here.  😞  Looks like I didn't wait long enough for this one though.

Gammill
Level 2

STILL WAITING ON AN ANSWER INTUIT. Another attempt at running payroll with the update is dropping checks. No response to these posts, no response to software message sent, no information anywhere!

0 Cheers
nickeypoo72
Level 5

I used the customer support thru my EASY Acct program and did get a response... not sure what to think of it, but at least they are aware now.  I responded in my original post about the LA Tax tables.

0 Cheers
Gammill
Level 2

After 30 minutes of calling Customer Service and being disconnected and dropped, I finally got through to someone who tried for over an hour to help me.  After reviewing the back up file I sent, I was told we would have to hand calculate all payroll and issue checks through Manual Processing.  Then they finally said there was a fix in progress and they plan to have an update out tomorrow (6/24/22). I'm not very optimistic.

I did finally receive a reply to my EA program message, but it only said that they acknowledge there's a problem and see that my issue has been resolved.  We'll see.  Hopefully it will take care of yours as well.

nickeypoo72
Level 5

HOLY SMOKES!  What do you need the software for if you're going to manually calculate all the checks?  😲  We will see what "tomorrow's" update brings! 🙏  Best of luck to you!  Let us know how it all turns out!! 

0 Cheers
Gammill
Level 2

We did not see an update on Friday or Monday to fix last update.  Did anyone else get an update to correct 3.5 update??  Payroll is still dropping checks.

0 Cheers
nickeypoo72
Level 5

I've seen nothing yet.  I suspect maybe they are probably waiting to wrap up the updated 2nd quarter 941 in with it?  Just a gut feeling.  

Sorry you're having to deal with this payroll issue!!

0 Cheers
Gammill
Level 2

UPDATE 2021.3.06 did not fix the issue of payroll checks dropping.  We are still at square one unable to run payroll without manually doing every check!  WHEN is the fix going to be done?????

0 Cheers