Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Louisiana Withholding Tables Error

nickeypoo72
Level 5

Just did the updates that included LA withholding.  Did anyone else get what essentially looks like a blank withholding formula?  Also, the LA withholding taxes aren't withholding correctly - but I can't determine why because the tables look like this for both the LAS & LAM:

A1= STWAGES*PPY

TABLEINN=A1/PPY

A2 = TABLEOUT

STAX = A2

END

And, there is nothing at all within the table above the formula - all blank.  Whenever I run a check for an employee who is set up with the LAM code, it calculates negative withholding tax.

I think I'm going to have to manually update it, but dang... what the heck?

3 Comments 3
nickeypoo72
Level 5

Update received from customer support:

The LA Tax tables are correct based off the LA website. I did test an LA employee to see if I can duplicate the behvaior. I was able to duplicate behavior and have submitted that back to our develpment team for review. 

We do have a work around so you can utilize the 2022 LA tax tables. On your employee toggle the married employee from LAM to LAS. process a check and then delete it. Toggle your employee  back to LAS, process a check and the withholding should be correct. 

Not sure how the above formula I posted matches the LA Formula - considering there is NO FORMULA LISTED 🤔  Also, how practical is it for me to process 150 + Louisiana employees paychecks each week and have to go through this "work around" to make it work correctly?  I'm hoping they get it figured out sooner rather than later!!  Also, I would be curious if they actually test these tax table updates before they release them to us?  It seems like every other update there is always some errors.  😞  So frustrating.

AndresEscalante
Level 1

I have the same problem.  The 2022 Louisiana withholding tax is unusable.  I am using the 2021 table.  Can we get an updated Louisiana Withholding Tax table before the next update, please?

Only4Me
Level 3

I have the same problem....When is this going to be fixed?

0 Cheers