Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information systems - 1099-NEC Box 2 fills in automatically if amount is over $5,000 in Line 1.

Gramps 1001
Level 2

If the amount is over $5,000 in box 1, the box is checked automatically.  Payer didn't make direct sales, they paid someone for non-employee compensation.  I'm assuming this is a glitch in the system for now.  Any help?

Also, since the 1099-NEC went to 3-up forms, the payer's name and address won't completely fit in the available space on the pink copy.  Can the font be changed somehow for the pink copy?

5 Comments 5
JRC
Level 8

All we can do is contact them on this and hope it is corrected on the next update. They do need to be contacted for them to know of the problem. I tried to inform them of this yesterday but after dealing with another issue I was disconnected with no success.

Gramps 1001
Level 2

I contacted support and was told to reload the software.  Was somewhat skeptical, but it worked.  The print area issue was not corrected.  I was told that the next update ought to correct it.  We'll see!

JRC
Level 8

Thanks I will give it a try..

And...

It worked for the 1099NEC Box #2 issue.

0 Cheers
PJLIII
Level 1

Might be a dumb question, but how do you reload the software? We did the recent update and still have the box #2 issue being checked.

Thanks!

0 Cheers
Gramps 1001
Level 2

I downloaded from the Intuit website.  Just like when first installing it.