Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information System Not Working? 01/08/2021

JRC
Level 8

I cant seem to get past the Create Transmission File with the Program crashing.  If I do get the Transmission File Created 1099Nec Combined Reporting they do not show up in the Review Processed Files Screen/Tab.

The Test/Fire/IRS.gov file Accepted/Passed for Federal Only and Not the State. (Wisconsin)

Re: W-2 Filing is same Problem with it Shutting Down in the Electronic Filing and not showing up as Processed Files.

Haven't had a chance to check 1099Misc files Yet but sure they are same problems

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

2 Comments 2
TDC
Level 2

Not working?  Understatement.  Testing it out today, tried to print 3 per page NEC-won't print the city, state or zip of recipient.  1096-NEC doesn't populate total number of forms or the total amount of all forms. Control page doesn't print 1099 amount and included names and ID's for all vendors--even those with zero reported.  From Print Forms select NEC and program gets stuck in a loop"...cannot access the file because it is in use by another application or process. Verify file not open by another application or process and try again." 

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

Seriously this is crazy!! It shouldn't be up to the customers to find these problems!.

It's not like much changed from 2019 except the 1099NEC which is a simple form and were informed of the change early in the year.

Okay I found that the 1099Misc passed the fire.test.irs.gov both Federal and State for me. But If I have prior year 1099's with zero dollars this year I have to delete them for the system to work properly. And the 1099NEC still isn't correct for the State! One response is that they do not support State Filing! WTHeck is that about? I have Filed both Federal and State in prior Years.

Thanks 

0 Cheers