Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Return System 2022: HELP!!!

aduffrin
Level 2

We have been having multiple issues with the IRS program this year. When we open the program and select return preparation, the program just closes. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. We are consistently having run time errors. Just wondering if anyone else is having these problems? If so what are your work arounds? 

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried uninstalling the program and then reinstalling a fresh version?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
CHCorp
Level 1

0 Cheers
mts1203sa
Level 1

I am having the same issue

0 Cheers
dawnh
Level 1

We had the same problem.  We called EasyAcct tech support and was told that we had a "root" virus and to call our IT person.  Well I am the IT person so that was useless.  After doing a good bit of troubleshooting we finally determined the problem to be the .TA files (1099 e-file).  We had to remove the files and create new transmission files.  After resolving our problem I did a Google search and found the following article:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/information-return-system...

I guess I should have googled it to begin with.  Seems like tech support would have known about the article at least.  I mean it's dated last July and the title describes the problem exactly so you would think they are familiar with it by now.  Anyway I hope this helps someone.