Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am running windows 10. I did the update this morning and i am getting run time error 429 activex component can't create object. I can't get in to do my work.

kathycline
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

You would need to consult with local IT as this is a Microsoft error: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/319844/you-receive-a-activex-component-can-t-create-object-...

0 Cheers
kathycline
Level 1
i got it resolved by calling the customer service line when they opened, i ended up having to uninstall the program and reinstall an earlier version and then do the update again. it wasnt a microsoft issue
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Try a simple reboot of the computer first and make sure you don't have any Windows updates pending or not fully installed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

In EasyAcct, if you were to type 429 in the search box in the upper right and click on Ask Intuit it would bring you to this knowledge base article:

Runtime Error 429: Cannot Create Active X Component Downloading Update or Installing from CD

0 Cheers