Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set up the employer contribution for 401k or simple IRA

The1CPA
Level 1

In my attempts to calculate the employer contribution percentage, the system calculates the percentage on the employee's deduction amount and not the employee's gross pay for the period.  For example, if the employee's Gross pay is $500 and their deduction percentage is 3 %, their deduction is 15.  If the company matches 3%, the system calculates $.45 ($15 x 3%) instead of ($500 x 3%).  How do I set this up so that the employer match

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JRC
Level 8

Which is why it doesn't work for us.

Program is based on Employees contribution amount only and not Gross Wages for the Employer Contribution.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
JRC
Level 8

I found no way of having EasyAcct calculate the Employer's contribution. We ended up using a Spread sheet and manually entering the Monthly payroll information to calculate the Company's contribution amount.

0 Cheers
The1CPA
Level 1

Did you find that it calculates the percentage of the employee's deduction and not a percentage of gross pay?

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

Which is why it doesn't work for us.

Program is based on Employees contribution amount only and not Gross Wages for the Employer Contribution.

0 Cheers